I spent most of the day today working on implementing a procedure to determine the noise level present in the gene microarrays that we are using at socratech. I ended up implementing a method described in a paper by Rocke and Durbin in R. I've chucked the code up on [http://rzlab.ucr.edu/scripts/ma_error/|rzlab.ucr.edu]. Note that it works, but is not completely tested as of right now.

After leaving work, I went out to Dicky's Restaurant to listen to Chyna and Greg spin. Seems that I spend most tuesday evenings there playing pool and listening to awesome music.

Of course, I should definetly admit that I still suck at pool, but I am getting slightly better. At least, I can make shots from time to time.